Sunday, February 07, 2010

grouprecipes.com

Last night, I had a hankering for coffee cake that used sour cream, nutmeg and pecans. So I googled the ingredients and started filtering through a bunch of junk to find a good recipe.
"Wouldn't it be nice to have a site where you could just enter some ingredients and get some good recipes?" Sometimes I just have some things I want to cook, and really want to try some new way of putting them together. Other times, its a particular flavor that I'm in the mood for.
Well, it turns out, in the search results, I found a list from Group Recipes. The URL listed a bunch of different spices, so my curiosity was piqued. Either this was a spam site, or it might be what I'm interested in. I went to the site and found it really was the real deal.
The search engine lets you type in a list of ingredients you want to use, or a list of flavors, and shoots back with recipes. Its great for cases of "What do I do with this?"

No comments:

Post a Comment