Friday, December 30, 2005

Winds and poorly timed lights

Heavy winds. Luckily I'm traveling at a 90 degree angle to the direction. So half the trip is a headwind, and half a tailwind. I tried to stick to slow local streets for the headwinds, and fast streets for the tailwind. Not sure how well that worked.
Ended up going down Wolf for a good chunk of time. The timing could definitely use some work. After crossing El Camino, the first light just turned green as I got there (however it caught all the faster-moving cars.) Then the Old San Francisco light was reaching the end of its red cycle as I got there. Extremely long cycles, yet red for the through traffic. Evelyn was the weird one. It turned red for both directions as I got there - but didn't really give any of the cross traffic a chance to go before turning green again.

No comments:

Post a Comment