Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies

Too much Jane Austen. Not enough zombies. I confess I have never been able to get through Pride and Prejudice. It has, however, been my go-to cure for insomnia. No matter of it is a book, audio book, movie or miniseries, it will put me asleep. The fact that I made it all the way through Pride and Prejudice and Zombies means it must have some redeeming value. At times it seemed to be pure zombies and ninjas. However, by the end he seemed to give up and just give us Jane Austen.

The quality was rather meh. The book opens with a parody of Jane Austen's opening. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a zombie in possession of brains must be in want of more brains." I hate to say it, but I think the Jane Austen one was better. The parody feels more repetitive. Similarly throughout the book, there are more parts that fall flat than that succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment