Saturday, April 18, 2015

Three Parts Dead

I listened to this one after hearing the author talk on the Writing Excuses Podcast. I actually like the fantasy books by podcast host Branden Sanderson, so I figured this book would be good also.

Alas, it was not to be.

I had trouble getting into this book. The universe was too far removed from reality and it just wasn't interesting. With a good audiobook, I try to take every free moment to listen. With this one - well, it took a long time to get through.

It had to do with a god being killed and some recent graduate of craft school trying to uncover what was going on and somehow prevent bad things from happening.

The start was not that bad. We have the "craft"y girl going home and subtly using her skills. Then she makes the mistake of resurrecting some zombies and get in real trouble. Luckily one of her teachers comes and sends her on her quest. Then a bunch of stuff happens and the end they uncover the bad guy and some bad guy gets killed through some sneaky non-crafty thing. In between? Well, stuff happened. Alas, nothing that really drew me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment